When Democrats lose too often they are told it is because they are too Progressive or support too many policies that are on the fringe.
Americans have been indoctrinated into liking or disliking a policy based on some arbitrarily defined fringe.
It is important that we stop being hoodwinked. Our corporate mainstream media would have most believe that progressive ideas are on the fringe or unattainable. The thing is, that is not true. The plutocrats have the capital to invest in psychological profiling and narrative creation to convince Americans of what is possible or not. Worse, it has had them voting against their interests for decades.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
The super-rich are already in a panic over Elizabeth Warren’s tax plan
Every time someone tells you that Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s plan for a wealth tax is never going to happen, consider this: The ultra-wealthy people who would be hit by the tax are taking it very seriously. Not just seriously enough to try to torpedo Warren’s presidential run by trying to elevate yet another billionaire to compete with her. Not just seriously enough to whine to the media or threaten to support Trump over her. Seriously enough to be talking to their wealth managers about it.
“We’re definitely seeing an increase in people looking to take steps before the election,” one wealth manager told The Washington Post. “It comes up in every conversation, and it’s one of the first things we talk about.”
People with $50 million and more of wealth are actively looking at strategies to avoid paying a wealth tax, should Warren become president and get it passed. Because heaven forbid anyone be left with 2% less than the amount over $50 million they previously had. The horror!
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Will the internet army save Putin’s Pet troll?
- Bernie Sanders Can’t Win (by as Much) Unless Youth Vote Surges (Like It Recently Has)
- Egberto Willies & Leyla Martinez interviewed after Bernie Nevada win
- Does the design of corporations make them inherently untrustable as they enrich a select few?
- Krystal Ball outs Establishment rigged debate audience
- Is switching from meat to edible insects for protein needs a viable way to curb carbon emissions?
- The Bloomberg Freudian slip: He bought Democratic politicians
- Former Trump supporter now supporting Bernie because of healthcare
- Listen to Bloomberg trash his own Obama 2012 endorsement
- Rally Cry for the Resistance: It’s time to bet on us.