Today Politics Done Right speaks to Venezuelan expatriates John Garcia & a friend about Hugo Chavez, Nicolas Maduro, and issues in their country?
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Venezuela is in dire straits. Two Venezuelan expatriates have a few answers, suggestions, and hopes.
I have friends of both sides of the Venezuelan fiasco. I have been very sympathetic to the Chavista faction because I understood that the fraud by the Venezuelan Plutocracy on its people (John does not agree that there is a Venezuelan Plutocracy) has left a large portion of its citizens poor. They facilitated the ascent of Hugo Chavez.
Based on the outcome, in the long run, the Venezuelan people are not better off. In fact, things are so bad there is now an exodus. Is that because of external policies against Venezuela or is it that the leftist government is just as corrupt as the former government, controlled by plutocrats? I am still not convinced either way. We must continue to keep an open mind and learn.
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
DailyKos: Trump’s polling against Democratic challengers is historically abysmal
Yes, it’s too early to tell much from head-to-head polling, anything can happen, Democrats can’t get too comfortable, and all the other requisite caveats assumed. That said, CNN’s Harry Enten examined pre-election polling extending all the way back to World War II and found that “no incumbent president has ever polled this poorly against his likely challengers at this point in the campaign.”
The latest Quinnipiac poll has Trump losing to all five of his most likely Democratic challengers by nine points or more, and Trump trailed Biden by fully 16 points in the survey. Enten noted that it was the second probability test in August that showed Trump losing to all five Democratic frontrunners by at least 5 points. The Fox News poll that Trump publicly blasted was the other. And averaging all the August head to heads together put Biden up by 10 points against Trump, 49% to 39%.
Compared to previous presidents, Trump is sucking wind. In the past, most incumbent presidents were headed into the final year of the campaign with a decisive advantage. In fact, nine of the 11 incumbents not only led their eventual opponent, on average they were beating that candidate by 12 points.
Trump has not bested Biden in one single national poll since he entered the race.
The two incumbents who were trailing their opponents at this point in the cycle were doing so by much less: Jimmy Carter was down 4 points in 1979 and Barack Obama at a 1-point deficit in 2011.
That means that Trump is polling worse than any incumbent president since WWII against all five of his potential Democratic rivals. Just one more instance where Trump outshines everyone as the absolute worst.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Apology & confession from one of the architects of the Right-Wing misogynistic pro-life movement.
- Why I cannot give up on Right-Wing Americans. We can’t else ‘they’ win. Please watch the entire clip.
- Biden calls out drug companies greed theft as he promotes Build Back Better
- IRONIC: Supreme Court ruling will hurt Red State poor women as Blue State women maintain choice
- Red State Democratic Senator shows how to sell progressive policies unabashedly
- BAM! Chuck Todd busted in real-time twisting guest’s poll of youth participation in Election 2022
- Watch Prez Joe Biden call out mainstream media about lying about the vast empty shelves.
- Former Republican political strategist has important Election 2022 winning advice for Democrats.
- Jen Psaki hands Trump’s a$$ to Fox News Peter Doocy when he tried to assign COVID blame to Biden.
- OUCH! Former Republican operative slams the GOP: “You have to burn the party to the ground” Why?
- Foul: Western countries penalize South Africa for exposing Omicron which may have started in the West.
- Chuck Todd dropped false equivalence between Dems & Republicans? Aren’t you embarrassed?
- Sen. Heitkamp hands Gov. Christie his a$$ on subsidizing state taxes. Southern states are the takers!
- Norm Ornstein defines the Republican Party: The GOP, It is not a party, it is a cult.
- Joy-Ann Reid and panel to Democrats: Get your act together. Be on Build Back Better offensive.
- Chuck Todd ridicules Mississippi Governor on vaccine mandate objection: It’s a pro-life position.
- The two infrastructure bills may be a worse capitulation than the two Obamacare bills.
- Mainstream media reporter tells an inconvenient truth about a 17-yr-old killer & the justice system.
- Big Pharma uses the patent system to rip us off. Example: Insulin costs $6 to make. We pay $300.
- What gun culture looks like- Simple problems solve by shooting & killing in broad daylight