A tweet from Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez recently gave me both pause and resolve. The Radical, Extreme-Left agenda isn’t that at all. It’s America’s agenda.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Radical Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez sarcastic tweet hits the nail on the head.
I ran across an AOC tweet about the Radical Extreme Left that really gave me pause.
Reminder of what people are calling the “radical, extreme-left agenda”:
- Medicare for All
- A Living Wage & Labor Rights
- K-16 schooling, aka Public Colleges
- 100% Renewable Energy
- Fixing the pipes in Flint
- Not Hurting Immigrants
- Holding Wall Street Accountable
This reality requires a lot of discussions. We must frame the argument in the right context to ensure Americans are not duped by the Plutocracy. For too long we have been voting against our interest.
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
DailyKos: Trump’s G-7 achievements: No trade deal, no military deal, no climate deal, yes on helping himself
Almost from the moment he stepped into the White House, Donald Trump has been conducting trade negotiations with China. Unsuccessful trade negotiations with China. Trade negotiations with China that have gone so badly that they’ve disintegrated into a trade war in which Trump has slapped on an increasing series of tariffs in order to prove his personal theory—a theory held by no one else anywhere—that tariffs are a good thing and trade wars are beneficial. However, the Trump-shy stock market and recession-worried nation can just relax, because none of that was serious. Now, says Trump, now “serious negotiations can begin.” Well, not actually now. But “soon.”
As the AP reports, Trump claimed during a Monday interview at the G-7 that his team of trade negotiators had received a pair of “very good calls” from their Chinese counterparts over the weekend. Those calls, said Trump, indicated that the two sides finally understood each other and are “dealing on proper terms.” All this means that “we’re finally going to have a deal.”
Which is nice. Except … China says it’s BS. Minutes after Trump spoke, China’s Foreign Ministry spokesman joined other officials in saying that there were no calls, that they didn’t know what Trump was talking about, and that China was ready to “protect itself” and continue this trade war to it’s bitter, recessionary end.
Meanwhile, it’s not just economic deals that are baffling the great deal-maker. At the G-7 meeting, Trump also admitted that there was “no timeline” for reaching an agreement with the Taliban that would finally allow the U.S. to withdraw troops from Afghanistan after 18 years of war. This is in spite of several proposed solutions that were agreed to by the Taliban and despite the fact that Trump ran for president on claims that he would bring the troops home immediately in 2016; then in 2017 said he would bring all troops home by 2018; and earlier this month said he would have all troops home by 2020. But at the G-7, Trump said there was “no rush.” Which may be the one thing he’s said that’s true. Because he’s not rushing.
Still, if Trump is struggling to deliver a “win” on either trade or military, at least he’s trying. When it comes to the climate crisis, Trump was literally a no-show. Trump was scheduled to attend a discussion on dealing with the crisis along with other G-7 leaders, but when the time for the meeting came, Trump’s chair was empty. And it stayed that way.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Exchange with a racist who thinks he isn’t as he slams The 1619 Project & hates Voting Rights bills
- Sen Maggie Hassan: Never imagined that today’s Republican Party would fail to stand up for Democracy
- Claire McCaskill admonishes Democrats for bad messaging. They will deserve McConnell if they lose
- Schumer & Klobuchar schools seemingly Right-Wing reporters on voter suppression & more
- My response to a listener on Biden & Democrats not leaning into their good policies
- Katie Porter explained Biden’s economic success better than any other Democrat
- Bill Kristol has good advice for what Democrats should not do if they want to win
- Voting rights activists slam Kyrsten Sinema for supporting antithesis to Democracy on Joy-Ann Reid
- Jim Clyburn defends Biden for calling out politicians who are effectively supporting Jim Crow 2.0.
- Mitch McConnell does not believe African Americans are Americans
- Sen. Amy Klobuchar all but called Joe Manchin a liar on filibuster stance as she slammed Republicans
- Ali Velshi – Economic reality check: The mainstream media distorted how good the economy really is.
- FIERY SPEECH: MLK III excoriated Sinema & Manchin for their voting rights filibuster hypocrisy
- They said no to Build Back Better but billions to these private businesses, Corporate Socialism?
- My response to a projecting listener who said Democrats are separatists from American culture & values
- Have this on the tip of your tongue to defend Biden’s economy from Right-Wing liars.
- CNBC’s Ron Insana dispels the misinformation about the economy under President Biden
- Kyrsten Sinema: Her willfully naive Senate floor speech vs. when she had common sense on GOP obstruction.
- Sinema says no! Sen. Chris Murphy warns on filibuster! Two Democrats facilitating Trump’s 2024 coup!
- Morning Joe on Republican politicians & GOP ‘Grifters’ like Trump. It’s a ‘PTL Club Scheme.’