The two days of the Democratic Debate are over. It is now the time to evaluate and tie the candidates’ words to policy. Most importantly, we must untangle the deception coming from many sides.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Democratic Debate Day 2 was more action but less substantive
Day 2 of the first Democratic debate seemed like a verbal wrestling match. It was sad to see a Biden attempting to be as unapologetic as Trump. Many give us a hard time because there is a false belief that only Biden can beat Trump. The Truth is, Biden, when placed under opposition research, will crumble under Trump.
I will be frank, I cannot believe the Democratic Establishment can be this naive. The only thing I can presume is that they want to live so that the economic collapse that we are on a path to, does not fall on Democrats. If that is the case, they should think mitigation instead of cowering.
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
- Trump’s federal budget deficit skyrocketed to $207.8 billion in the month of May. “The gap between the amount the government takes in and spends came in at $207.8 billion last month, and the Treasury Department said Wednesday, nearly 42% higher than a year earlier. The increase happened in part because of June 1 falling on a Saturday, a non-business day, meaning some benefit payments were made earlier than usual,” the report said.
TruthOut: Want to Be a Principled Billionaire? Stop Being a Billionaire.
MacKenzie Bezos, the ex-wife of Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, has signed the “Giving Pledge,” promising to donate at least half of the fortune she received after her separation from Jeff to charity. This is many billions more than the $2 billion Jeff, literally the richest person in the world, has pledged to give to charity. It’s also not nearly enough.
Big Philanthropy is simply plutocracy, “an exercise of power by the wealthy that is unaccountable, non-transparent, donor-directed, perpetual, and tax-subsidized,” Stanford professor Rob Reich, one of the faculty directors of the university’s Center for Ethics in Society, told The Atlantic. But let’s give Bezos, like we give Bill and Melinda Gates, the benefit of the doubt: Let’s believe that she’s a humanitarian, and that she’s trying to help humanity. Then why isn’t she giving more?
It’s true that half of $37 billion is more money than I’ll ever give to charity in my life, and that I’m unlikely to donate half my net worth anytime soon. But I’m not a capitalist; I don’t exploit workers; and I’m not a billionaire. Statistically speaking, none of us are. Billionaires are simply illogical. Money loses coherency at that level — not to mention numbers themselves.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- What is a so-called “passive solar” house and can I retrofit my existing house accordingly?
- Build the wall — at Texas’ entry to New Mexico
- CNN Tapper pressures Mississippi Governor Tate Reeves on Trump election conspiracy theory, FAIL!
- CNN: Tapper & ABC: Raddatz grilled Sen. Joe Manchin with inconvenient questions & got naive
- Chuck Todd schools Senator Manchin: Filibuster was never an idea of the Founding Fathers.
- Texas PUC admits ripping off Texans during Electric Grid freeze and all but tells them to suck it up.
- How to resolve “Your content violated YouTube’s Community Guidelines and has been removed”
- WH Press Sec. Jen Psaki throws the bipartisanship question back at Republicans. You are the outliers
- This! Hallie Jackson blows holes into Republican Senator Braun’s COVID bill objections in real-time
- After explaining Medicare For All to Right-Winger w/o using its name, she blurted: You are so nice!
- Discussing race, ethnicity, differences, & equality in America at a Living Room Conversations event
- AOC is right. Giving Relief Checks to Fewer People Than Trump Would Be Nonsensical. Here is why!
- “Callous?!” Look in the Mirror, Gov. Abbott – Charlotte Vaughan Coyle
- Texas Gov. Abbott’s “Neanderthal Thinking” may be an attempt to sabotage Biden’s COVID success.
- Deregulation always benefits – somebody
- Every Democrat must use these selective words about the insurrection enablers this Congressman used
- Republican Senator who voted to convict Trump threw him further under the bus, implying he’s a loser.
- Why not supporting massive minimum wage increases is the sanctioning of wage theft.
- Is GOP Senator implying a large number of Republican COVID Relief Bill supporters are freeloaders?
- Jen Psaki squashes mainstream media pushing the Republican narrative on the COVID Relief Bill.