Democrats and Progressives must fight the 2020 election from the county level to the state level to the national level on their terms. Let Trump bloviate on socialism vs. capitalism. They must talk about making the economy fair and moral.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Democrats and Progressives running for office from cities to counties to states to federal representation must fight on their terms. They must not allow Trump and the Republicans to dictate the narrative. It is not about socialism vs. capitalism.
Tell the American people what it will mean to elect them into offices. Be specific and tell them how you will do it. Progressives must stay on the offensive. Let Conservative politicians defend the tax-cut-scam, the tariffs, the environmental destruction, the world turmoil. Do not at anytime allow them to force you on the defensive because it is the policies since Ronald Reagan for which we have the results that need defending.
Independent: Uber shares tumble 7% on stock market debut: Uber’s much heralded debut on the New York Stock Exchange began with disappointment on Friday as its shares fell below an already reduced offering price. The taxi firm’s stock opened 7 per cent lower than planned at $42 after the opening bell on Wall Street, before beginning to climb as trading got underway. Still, that means Uber is worth around $80bn despite never having turned a profit and warning last month that it might never do so. Uber lost $3bn last year and $9bn since it was founded – large even by the standards of Silicon Valley tech startups. But it managed to pull off the third-largest US stock market float in history, behind only Facebook and Chinese e-commerce firm Alibaba. The share sale gives Uber another $8.1bn of cash to fund its global expansion plans. While the feat will no doubt be seen as a triumph for Uber, its valuation is a third lower than the $120bn that investment bankers had said the company was worth just last year. That was then lowered to $90bn when Uber last month and then $82bn earlier this week. A host of regulatory battles, increasing disquiet from drivers about pay and workers’ rights, along with doubts about the ability of ride-hailing firms to make money have lowered the hefty price tag. Uber’s closest rival Lyft has seen its shares tank since listing six weeks ago. Meanwhile, jitters about an intensifying trade battle between China and the US have prompted caution among investors.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Exchange with a racist who thinks he isn’t as he slams The 1619 Project & hates Voting Rights bills
- Sen Maggie Hassan: Never imagined that today’s Republican Party would fail to stand up for Democracy
- Claire McCaskill admonishes Democrats for bad messaging. They will deserve McConnell if they lose
- Schumer & Klobuchar schools seemingly Right-Wing reporters on voter suppression & more
- My response to a listener on Biden & Democrats not leaning into their good policies
- Katie Porter explained Biden’s economic success better than any other Democrat
- Bill Kristol has good advice for what Democrats should not do if they want to win
- Voting rights activists slam Kyrsten Sinema for supporting antithesis to Democracy on Joy-Ann Reid
- Jim Clyburn defends Biden for calling out politicians who are effectively supporting Jim Crow 2.0.
- Mitch McConnell does not believe African Americans are Americans
- Sen. Amy Klobuchar all but called Joe Manchin a liar on filibuster stance as she slammed Republicans
- Ali Velshi – Economic reality check: The mainstream media distorted how good the economy really is.
- FIERY SPEECH: MLK III excoriated Sinema & Manchin for their voting rights filibuster hypocrisy
- They said no to Build Back Better but billions to these private businesses, Corporate Socialism?
- My response to a projecting listener who said Democrats are separatists from American culture & values
- Have this on the tip of your tongue to defend Biden’s economy from Right-Wing liars.
- CNBC’s Ron Insana dispels the misinformation about the economy under President Biden
- Kyrsten Sinema: Her willfully naive Senate floor speech vs. when she had common sense on GOP obstruction.
- Sinema says no! Sen. Chris Murphy warns on filibuster! Two Democrats facilitating Trump’s 2024 coup!
- Morning Joe on Republican politicians & GOP ‘Grifters’ like Trump. It’s a ‘PTL Club Scheme.’