Democrats and Progressives must fight the 2020 election from the county level to the state level to the national level on their terms. Let Trump bloviate on socialism vs. capitalism. They must talk about making the economy fair and moral.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Democrats and Progressives running for office from cities to counties to states to federal representation must fight on their terms. They must not allow Trump and the Republicans to dictate the narrative. It is not about socialism vs. capitalism.
Tell the American people what it will mean to elect them into offices. Be specific and tell them how you will do it. Progressives must stay on the offensive. Let Conservative politicians defend the tax-cut-scam, the tariffs, the environmental destruction, the world turmoil. Do not at anytime allow them to force you on the defensive because it is the policies since Ronald Reagan for which we have the results that need defending.
Independent: Uber shares tumble 7% on stock market debut: Uber’s much heralded debut on the New York Stock Exchange began with disappointment on Friday as its shares fell below an already reduced offering price. The taxi firm’s stock opened 7 per cent lower than planned at $42 after the opening bell on Wall Street, before beginning to climb as trading got underway. Still, that means Uber is worth around $80bn despite never having turned a profit and warning last month that it might never do so. Uber lost $3bn last year and $9bn since it was founded – large even by the standards of Silicon Valley tech startups. But it managed to pull off the third-largest US stock market float in history, behind only Facebook and Chinese e-commerce firm Alibaba. The share sale gives Uber another $8.1bn of cash to fund its global expansion plans. While the feat will no doubt be seen as a triumph for Uber, its valuation is a third lower than the $120bn that investment bankers had said the company was worth just last year. That was then lowered to $90bn when Uber last month and then $82bn earlier this week. A host of regulatory battles, increasing disquiet from drivers about pay and workers’ rights, along with doubts about the ability of ride-hailing firms to make money have lowered the hefty price tag. Uber’s closest rival Lyft has seen its shares tank since listing six weeks ago. Meanwhile, jitters about an intensifying trade battle between China and the US have prompted caution among investors.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Chris Hayes exposes GOP doling out monies they voted against. Where are Democrats with bullhorns?
- SHAME ON Chuck Todd: This subliminal messaging and media malpractice in real-time.
- Joy-Ann Reid slams Laura Ingraham & GOP on inhumane statements about Americans with student loans.
- Democrats must not cede rural America to Republicans
- Donna Brazile has a stark warning for Democrats: STOP SLEEPING AT THE WHEEL! Engage the community.
- Matthew Dowd excoriates GOP for this latest white supremacist mass shooting that is now the norm.
- Steve Schmidt gives a profound analysis of our fascist path: And then the killings start.
- Watch Jen Psaki destroy a reporter trying to shield GOP from Rick Scott’s middle-class tax hike.
- Dr. Jason Johnson slams Republicans for running Herschel Walker against Raphael Warnock
- Jen Psaki dispatched two reporters trying to ding the president for calling some Republicans ULTRA MAGA
- Analysis by Fareed Zakaria: Blue America is Western Europe. Red America is Saudi Arabia & Nigeria.
- Jake Tapper grills MS Gov. on Roe overturn: Given your track record why should people believe you?
- Mallory McMorrow has a winning Democratic message for the next election. Lean in!
- Lawrence O’Donnell blasts Alito and the Right side of SCOTUS in the appropriately striking form.
- Jen Psaki stops a reporter who made Alito’s leaked brief, the story. It’s control of women’s bodies.
- WOW! Joe Scarborough destroys MAGA & GOP with examples: ‘THESE PEOPLE ARE CRAZY.’
- Democratic neoliberal corporate sellout Henry Cuellar is on the defensive against Jessica Cisneros
- An angry Elizabeth Warren sides with Progressive over the anti-woman incumbent in the Texas runoff.
- Roe v. Wade overturn is the latest result of minority rule. And women will die.
- Republicans are setting up the courts for minority rule even in a more progressive country.