Many of us continue to watch the mainstream media with disgust. Can these supposedly educated elitist be this shallow? Can they be more gullible than Trump himself?
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
We talk ad nauseam about our media’s dereliction. Is it at all possible that they will change during this election cycle? We constantly get glimmers of hope just to have them dashed. But if these cycles of excellence come with a higher frequency, could they metastasize?
Of course, before we get into the main topic, our regular every-other-Wednesday cohost Tamara Shealey of Tamara for Georgia will be with us.
CommonDreams: To Create System That Puts ‘Patients Ahead of Profits,’ Sanders Unveils Medicare for All Act of 2019. Sen. Bernie Sanders on Wednesday introduced Medicare for All legislation that would virtually eliminate the private insurance industry and provide comprehensive healthcare to every American at a lower overall cost than the current for-profit system. “Today we say to the private health insurance companies, whether they like it or not, the United States will join every other major country on earth and guarantee healthcare to all people as a right,” the Vermont senator and 2020 presidential contender wrote in an email to supporters. “All Americans are entitled to go to the doctor when they’re sick and not go bankrupt after staying in the hospital,” Sanders added. “If we are serious about providing high-quality and affordable healthcare to every man, woman, and child in this country, the only real solution is a Medicare for All, single-payer system that provides healthcare to all Americans.”
In addition to the full 100-page Medicare for All Act of 2019 (pdf) and a summary of the bill (pdf), Sanders’ office also released a detailed explanation (pdf) of potential ways to finance the plan. Sanders pointed to the exorbitant real-world costs of the current for-profit healthcare system when asked about the price-tag of his bill in a CBS interview that aired Wednesday morning. “What’s expensive and what’s unsustainable is the current healthcare system,” Sanders said. “We are spending twice as much per capita as any other nation.”
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- And the Conservative Republican I fronted now started a conversation with this Progressive
- On Tamara for Georgia: Forget the Mueller Report & understand the people’s yawn.
- Media outlets Trump denounces promotes his anti-immigrant narratives
- Is the American Psychological Association Addicted to Militarism and War?
- Do all the Democratic contenders for President in 2020 agree on the need to battle climate change?
- He loves Pete Buttigieg for President but can’t get over dance with his husband at the inauguration
- What Liberals need to understand about Progressives
- Here is why we must forget impeachment and move on even as Mueller Report is terrible news for Trump.
- Sen. Bernie Sanders’ Fox News town hall: a template for a Democrat in the foxhole
- Mueller Report in Searchable Form (OCR’ed)