A form of privilege is having the ability to choose anything to run a campaign on even if it helps very few of one’s base its constituents. That may be the downfall of Democrats with the impeachment obsession.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
I wrote a Front Page article for Daily KOS, the most Progressive news site in the country. I titled the article “Do you want to win or do you want to impeach? You won’t have both.” People attacked the piece in pretty large numbers. The fervor to impeach is there. I would love to impeach the President myself but I’d rather support middle-class-centric and poor-centric policies and simply expose the president in real time. Democrats must be smart.
Salon: Fox News and the synagogue shooter: Right-wing network airs similar views every day. Exactly six months after the Tree of Life synagogue massacre in Pittsburgh, and just six weeks after the mosque shootings in New Zealand, there’s been another white nationalist attack on a house of worship, this time at a synagogue in San Diego. As with those other murders, the alleged killer — a 19-year-old man named John Earnest — was a devotee of the fascistic “replacement” theory, which holds that white people are entitled to cultural dominance and that racial diversity and immigration are equivalent to a “white genocide.” Replacement theory is an idea that’s been coursing through the burgeoning neo-Nazi and white nationalist movement for some time, offering outright racists an excuse for casting themselves as the victims of demographic change and justifying their violent anger towards people of color. Sadly, this toxic notion is not limited to the dregs of the internet, where it appears Earnest was radicalized. These days, anyone who flips on Fox News, especially if they watch prime-time commentators like Tucker Carlson or Laura Ingraham, will hear strikingly similar ideas.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Watch how Trump press conference serving to prop up an exploitative corporate sector
- Who’ll play the Dan Patrick Hunger Games?
- Good can come from Coronavirus if we allow it by fully engaging
- This real-world consequence of Trump lies may be fatal
- Government is not the problem The financial sector is.
- MSNBC’s Ali Velshi calls out Fed Chairman Jerome Powell on ‘market fundamentally sound’
- Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin shows no concern for the working class
- American COVID-19 Capitalism: Trash bags for doctors & medical personnel protective clothing.
- The Case for Medicare for All: Why *Single-Payer* is absolutely necessary
- 3 Million Americans filed for unemployment last week