An interview with an anti-Chavismo citizen of Venezuela made me do some thinking. He understands something about Progressives many don’t yet grasp completely. Foreigners have always understood American politics better than Americans.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
I was once a foreigner but have always understood the core of American politics, not party based but people base. I was never culturally attached to any party. I did not always vote my interest if I thought that interest negatively affected others. More on that later.
I interviewed a Venezuelan citizen that has been trying to arrange a meeting for some time. He listens to the show but thinks that I have been misled with my Chavismo support. My goal is always to learn, knowing that we can all succumb to well-orchestrated narratives. He did not convince me that I was completely wrong but he did give me issues that I need to research further.
But the most important part of the discussion is something he said that I knew but realize Progressives need to articulate more in our narrative. I have spoken about it before but hearing it from him made me realize how imperative it is. It is amazing that his words mimicked a blog post I wrote for a recent show. I think it is bears repeating so today it is again the blog of the week.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Watch how Trump press conference serving to prop up an exploitative corporate sector
- Who’ll play the Dan Patrick Hunger Games?
- Good can come from Coronavirus if we allow it by fully engaging
- This real-world consequence of Trump lies may be fatal
- Government is not the problem The financial sector is.
- MSNBC’s Ali Velshi calls out Fed Chairman Jerome Powell on ‘market fundamentally sound’
- Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin shows no concern for the working class
- American COVID-19 Capitalism: Trash bags for doctors & medical personnel protective clothing.
- The Case for Medicare for All: Why *Single-Payer* is absolutely necessary
- 3 Million Americans filed for unemployment last week