I interviewed Colombian Ambassador Francisco Santos about Venezuela. It proved to be more telling than I expected as many Latin American powers welcomed American tentacles.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
We interviewed Colombian Ambassador Francisco Santos, a very amiable fellow recently. I like the guy. Interestingly we went to the same University. Likewise, as a Latin American myself, we were able to connect on that level.
The ambassador visited Houston, Texas for a conference and I had the opportunity to interview him about Venezuela. We discussed Grupo de Lima (Lima Group), Plan Colombia, the ouster of Nicolas Maduro, and much more.
After the interview, it was clear to me that the United States is all over the Venezuela crisis. Worse is that many Latin American countries are complicit in what is clearly a desire to overthrow the Venezuelan government at all cost.
We will discuss in further detail after the interview. I want to hear your thoughts on this issue.
Salon: Ronald Reagan’s daughter says her dad would be “heartbroken” and “horrified” by Trump’s presidency: P
attiDavis, the one-time actress, author anddaughter of the late Republican President Ronald Reagan, said her father would be “heartbroken” and “horrified” by Donald Trump’s presidency. “I think he would be horrified,” Davis said of current affairs in an interview with Yahoo News that was published Tuesday. “I think he would be heartbroken,because he loved this country a lot. And he believed in this country . . . And he believed in the goodness of people.” Davis, who noted she is not a Republican and never has been, criticized how the modern GOP operates today, telling Yahoo News that it “bears no resemblance to the Republican Party of my father’s time.” She then cited the “crickets (from Republicans) when Trump keeps assaulting the Constitution,” as an example of how the Republican Party has transformed under Trump’s leadership. “The Republican Party now – particularly the Republicans in this government – are just sitting by the sidelines and letting the Trump administration destroy this country,” the 66-year-old said. “I mean, they don’t say anything. They don’t stand up to him.” Davis then accused Trump of stoking fear and hatred to rile his base and take down his political enemies.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Chris Hayes exposes GOP doling out monies they voted against. Where are Democrats with bullhorns?
- SHAME ON Chuck Todd: This subliminal messaging and media malpractice in real-time.
- Joy-Ann Reid slams Laura Ingraham & GOP on inhumane statements about Americans with student loans.
- Democrats must not cede rural America to Republicans
- Donna Brazile has a stark warning for Democrats: STOP SLEEPING AT THE WHEEL! Engage the community.
- Matthew Dowd excoriates GOP for this latest white supremacist mass shooting that is now the norm.
- Steve Schmidt gives a profound analysis of our fascist path: And then the killings start.
- Watch Jen Psaki destroy a reporter trying to shield GOP from Rick Scott’s middle-class tax hike.
- Dr. Jason Johnson slams Republicans for running Herschel Walker against Raphael Warnock
- Jen Psaki dispatched two reporters trying to ding the president for calling some Republicans ULTRA MAGA
- Analysis by Fareed Zakaria: Blue America is Western Europe. Red America is Saudi Arabia & Nigeria.
- Jake Tapper grills MS Gov. on Roe overturn: Given your track record why should people believe you?
- Mallory McMorrow has a winning Democratic message for the next election. Lean in!
- Lawrence O’Donnell blasts Alito and the Right side of SCOTUS in the appropriately striking form.
- Jen Psaki stops a reporter who made Alito’s leaked brief, the story. It’s control of women’s bodies.
- WOW! Joe Scarborough destroys MAGA & GOP with examples: ‘THESE PEOPLE ARE CRAZY.’
- Democratic neoliberal corporate sellout Henry Cuellar is on the defensive against Jessica Cisneros
- An angry Elizabeth Warren sides with Progressive over the anti-woman incumbent in the Texas runoff.
- Roe v. Wade overturn is the latest result of minority rule. And women will die.
- Republicans are setting up the courts for minority rule even in a more progressive country.