Senator Elizabeth Warren marked her Progressive spot early in the Democratic race as she should. Not surprisingly the disguised sexist attacks from the neoliberals have already begun.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Viva lo liberal. Elizabeth Warren has thrown herself into the ring. She was smart to do so to mark one spot in the Progressive space before anyone else.
The Democratic field will be filled with prospects. It is important that in the Democratic primaries we do not fall for personalities. America is a Progressive country. The Party where Progressives have fertile soil to flourish is currently the Democratic Party.
The Democratic Party is also the place where both Blue Dogs and neoliberals live. Both of these brands of Democrats have had their run and failed in the aggregate. As such it is imperative that going forward Progressives coalesce around a real Progressive candidate. As the field fills, we must disregard personalities and listen specifically to the candidates’ words and their individual platforms. We then select the most Progressively convicted candidate. For those who claim we need a centrist candidate, note that they are absolutely wrong. Americans want a candidate who they understand will make their lives better. And that candidate will
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 2:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley & crew, on Mondays at 6:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, Afro-Cuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Tuesdays at 12:00 Noon
- GenerAsian Radio, A weekly radio program featuring an eclectic mix of Asian Underground, Bhangra, Bollywood Funk, Hindi,Rai–where ancient sounds meet future beats! Thursday 12-2 PM
- Really But Not Really, a hip-hop and RnB parody show on Wednesday at 10 PM by Rosemount.
- Border Radio, Best of Americana music featuring Susan Darrow right after Politics Done Right at 4:00 PM.
- Black on Both Sides A public affairs program where they effort to highlight politics and public affairs in line with our individual and collective worldview. Fridays 12 – 2 PM on HD-2.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
Folks do remember this is a call-in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron now.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- Remove the chains, open the mind, and explore Democratic Socialism. It may surprise you.
- Stripping Steve King of committee positions for racist comments not enough
- Americans should have a “Credible Fear” of William Barr
- Fox News’s Nefarious Role in Misinforming Trump Voters
- Fascinating discussion about the border wall & immigrants with a Trump supporting Republican
- How the rich are screwing us all, The Big Economic Switcheroo
- Waking Up With Julianna Forlano interviews Egberto Willies on WBAI-99.5 FM New York
- Inside the new Department of the Inferior
- Should Bernie Sanders run again? I say no (for now)
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is the future of the Democratic Party, like it or not
Coffee Party Radio Shows
- Sundays 8:30 AM ET – I take Liberty with my Coffee w/ Bobby Rodrigo (Subscribe iTunes)
- Thursdays 3:00 PM ET – Lunch with Louden w/ J’nene Louden (Subscribe iTunes)
- Saturdays 1:00 PM ET – Politics Done Right w/ Egberto Willies (Subscribe iTunes)