A Panamanian American called into Politics Done Right with a perplexing question that we must explore. Many activists ask this about Americans especially in these times.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Our economy is doing great by the numbers. The unemployment rate is very low. Inflation is very low. Productivity is high.
But, wages are low. Health insurance rates are sky high. Student debt is through the roof. Our roads, airports and public infrastructure are in disrepair. Eighty percent of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck.
Those realities speak to one thing. There is a class in this country that is reaping the benefit of what everyone else is doing.
So why aren’t Americans in the streets? A Panamanian American, Roberto, called into the show yesterday and asked that profound question. That is what we will discuss today.
- Wisconsin Governor Walker signs bill removing power from Governor who beat him.
- Verizon cutting jobs. What about the tax cut scam again?
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Watch how Trump press conference serving to prop up an exploitative corporate sector
- Who’ll play the Dan Patrick Hunger Games?
- Good can come from Coronavirus if we allow it by fully engaging
- This real-world consequence of Trump lies may be fatal
- Government is not the problem The financial sector is.
- MSNBC’s Ali Velshi calls out Fed Chairman Jerome Powell on ‘market fundamentally sound’
- Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin shows no concern for the working class
- American COVID-19 Capitalism: Trash bags for doctors & medical personnel protective clothing.
- The Case for Medicare for All: Why *Single-Payer* is absolutely necessary
- 3 Million Americans filed for unemployment last week