Even after passage of the Affordable Care Act, the healthcare extortion continues. Why? Because their big pharma and other lobbyist forced our politicians to put in the necessary loopholes to allow it.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
It is clear that we are getting to a flex point in our healthcare. We cannot have healthcare cost go up faster than inflation and wages indefinitely. That is simply not sustainable. When stories like the one about Kaleo extorting a high price for repackaging the opioid emergency drug naloxone rebranded as Evzio breaks, it illustrates how the healthcare industrial complex continues to pilfer middle-class America.
60 Minutes had a chance to really use this story to make a bigger point. But they stopped short and instead gave the CEO of the extorter the opportunity to seem magnanimous.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Good can come from Coronavirus if we allow it by fully engaging
- This real-world consequence of Trump lies may be fatal
- Government is not the problem The financial sector is.
- MSNBC’s Ali Velshi calls out Fed Chairman Jerome Powell on ‘market fundamentally sound’
- Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin shows no concern for the working class
- American COVID-19 Capitalism: Trash bags for doctors & medical personnel protective clothing.
- The Case for Medicare for All: Why *Single-Payer* is absolutely necessary
- 3 Million Americans filed for unemployment last week
- Dinesh D’Souza taunts Blue States on COVID-19 infections & wanting handouts.
- HOW COVID-19 KILLS — I’m a Surgeon — And Why We Can’t Save You