Most Americans are Progressives so we should be winning
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Progressives, are you tired of losing? Policies that we want, create, and support are the policies Americans want. How do we know? They tell us when asked absent ideological queues.
So how do we connect our policies with winning? We must start locally. We must build alliances that ultimately change minds when the common good is realized. A park is not Democratic or Republican. It is the commons. The successful education of our kids in science and math is not Republican or Democratic. Results are absolute. Solve local problems and the local problem solvers will eventually become the national problem solvers. They would have earned the vote.
Today I have two special guests, Jolanda Jones and Mia Hoyt. They come from two different sides of the ideological spectrum but interestingly they are both working locally for the good of our children.
Jolanda Jones is one of Houstons most well-known former city council member, grassroots political activist, and lawyer. She starred in both the CBS’s Survivor series and her new show Sisters in Law. She was recently elected Trustee on the Houston Independent School Board. Jones is fighting the fiscal / taxation battle and has a message concerning HISD Prop 1.
Mia Hoyt is a real estate agent in Kingwood, Texas. She is also a parent of kids that attend the Humble Independent school district. She became an activist when she realized the Humble ISD was about to hire a superintendent detrimental to her kids’ education. She formed a group on Facebook and got thousands of parents activated. The school board went against the wishes of the parents and the group she formed decided to run candidates against the board.
We will discuss these issues and why we must take control of our politics locally irrespective of ideologies. After all, our fight is for the well-being of us all.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley, Marlo Blue, & Gerry van Bakel every weekday at 8:00 AM
- Jazz Latino, AfroCuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Mondays at 10:00 PM
- The Human Condition at 3 PM followed by The Freeminstrel Show with Don & Dwayne at 4 PM on Fridays on the KPFT HD3 side.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at the beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- TX Democratic Lt. Gov. candidate Mike Collier leans into Abbott & Patrick’s weapons-of-war failure
- Indivisible Houston challenged Ted Cruz at Houston restaurant on background checks & blood money.
- AUDIO: NRA leaders called their members wackos, hillbillies, and idiots but love their money.
- Beto O’Rourke confronts Texas Governor Greg Abbott at his bloviating press conference.
- Joe Scarborough slams his old party: Wanna know why this is happening? It’s the Republicans!
- Journalist admits that capitalism is a failure for critical stuff but still blames the government?
- Media freak-out over the MYTHICAL CENTER fall in Pennsylvania. Neo-con and neo-liberal FAIL!
- Chou Surges, Briones Backpedals After Racist Hit Piece Upends Campaign
- Bush’s Freudian Slip: Similarities between Iraq & Ukraine wars with nonchalance coy disregard.
- PA Senate Candidate said Trump does not own MAGA: It’s Trump who adopted our MAGA values.
- My message to those who believe challenging the fallibility of the West is a war on the West.
- Chris Hayes exposes GOP doling out monies they voted against. Where are Democrats with bullhorns?
- SHAME ON Chuck Todd: This subliminal messaging and media malpractice in real-time.
- Joy-Ann Reid slams Laura Ingraham & GOP on inhumane statements about Americans with student loans.
- Democrats must not cede rural America to Republicans
- Donna Brazile has a stark warning for Democrats: STOP SLEEPING AT THE WHEEL! Engage the community.
- Matthew Dowd excoriates GOP for this latest white supremacist mass shooting that is now the norm.
- Steve Schmidt gives a profound analysis of our fascist path: And then the killings start.
- Watch Jen Psaki destroy a reporter trying to shield GOP from Rick Scott’s middle-class tax hike.
- Dr. Jason Johnson slams Republicans for running Herschel Walker against Raphael Warnock