Trumpcare may fail to get passed but what’s next could be worse
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Now is the time for all of America to come together on health care. We now know that Trumpcare is Pro-Death. Obamacare is Pro-Life. And Medicare for all is Pro-Life on steroids. This may sound like hyperbole but the studies are out and it must be characterized in this fashion. Why? Because any plan that changes another where the number of people that die increases is by definition a pro-death policy when related to health care. After-all, we all must have health care.
Today we will have the honorable Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee. She will discuss the draconian Affordable Health Care Act, also known as Trumpcare. She will tell us what we will lose if you as the constituents of many Congresspeople and Senators don’t engage them and tell them you do not want Obamacare to be repealed.
I want to remind our listeners that we are in our Spring Fund Drive. But do not despair, Politics Done Right will be discussing our current politics even as we remind you periodically to call Pledge Central at (713)526-5738.
KPFT 90.1 FM Houston is the only Progressive radio station that covers the entire Southeast Texas. We broadcast Politics Done Right throughout the entire nation with prescient topics via our Facebook Live broadcasts and Podcasts.
Since the election of Donald Trump, many of us have rebranded our (your) station, KPFT 90.1 FM Resistance Radio. We understand that it is up to us to make a difference. We cannot depend on the corporatized mainstream media to tell the stories of the middle-class and the poor. They will not educate the masses because it is anathema to maintaining their preeminent being. And that is where we come in. If we want a better country, if we want better health care, if we want better and affordable schools, if we want worthwhile retirements, then we must ensure that the Progressive media, resistance radio remain viable.
I am asking you that you support KPFT 90.1 FM Resistance Radio today. Join our family and know that you are responsible for turning Texas and the rest of the nation into a humane and Progressive state. Help KPFT 90.1 FM with its $240,000 Spring Fund Dr.
We must keep Resistance Radio on air. Please CONTRIBUTE NOW to support Progressive media. All radio hosts volunteer their time and support. All contributions go directly to KPFT 90.1 FM securely.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley, Marlo Blue, & Gerry van Bakel every weekday at 8:00 AM
- Jazz Latino, AfroCuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Mondays at 10:00 PM
- The Human Condition at 3 PM followed by The Freeminstrel Show with Don & Dwayne at 4 PM on Fridays on the KPFT HD3 side.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at the beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- Former Secretary of State, General Colin Powell died this morning
- Buttigieg schools Chuck Todd: Private sector made supply chain fiasco. Biden not waiting on market.
- Workers now have the upper hand. And that is the way it should be going forward.
- Joe Biden disregards unhinged unemployment report MSM GOP narrative
- Republicans urging Republicans to vote Democratic in 2022 and 2024
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Texas administrator heard forcing teachers to teach alternative history to students.
- Fareed Zakaria: Why Build Back Better and not tariffs is better for the American worker.
- The other BIG LIE: General uses GPS Fareed Zakaria to scare Americans to increase defense spending.
- Semi-DINO Manchin complains about Schumer justifiably slamming GOP debt ceiling hostage-taking.
- Watch Joe Biden disregard the unhinged unemployment report mainstream media GOP negative narrative
- The message about Van Jones, Carlos Watson, & Sage Steele only Tiffany Cross had the ovaries to say
- Bernie Sanders goes ballistic on Joe Manchin: Stop holding Prez, 48 Senators, & Americans hostage.
- MSNBC Host slams Republican Senator: I hear you acknowledge the hypocrisy of your party (The Republican Party).
- Al Franken on Republicans: We have to be as ruthless. We have to be stone-cold killers.
- This MNSBC Host, Tiffany Cross dissed Stephanie Grisham’s Trump tell-all book. Failing up.
- Mainstream media ex-reporter acknowledged being used by Right-Wing: GOP is a criminal enterprise.
- It’s not the Democrats. It’s the media that is screwing up the Build Back Better message.
- Deluded Editorial: Democrats will thank Joe Manchin for protecting them from Progressive excess. NOT!
- Senator from the poorest state insults his own constituents. Joe Manchin: ‘Entitlement mentality’
- General Milley completely embarrassed grandstanding GOP Congressman on the China call. IE: BRING IT ON!