Call: (713) 526-5738 – Live stream: KPFT (Entire USA)
Radio Show Date: October 15th, 2015
Much was learned in the Democratic Debate
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Tuesday night America got to see a big contrast between our political parties. One is a serious party attempting to move America forward while the other is a caricature of failed politics.
But today I want to discuss what we learned. Much of what we learned was not covered in the mainstream media. Much of what we learned will be soon forgotten because the corporately controlled media wants you to forget about it.
But independent media won’t. Independent media from now till the 2016 election and beyond will keep the proper narrative present. Independent media will ensure that the right questions are asked of the candidates. Independent media will ensure that the populace is informed and not told how or what to think.
Before we get to the blog of the week I want to thank the many contributors who contributed to KPFT 90.1 FM on behalf of Politics Done Right. While this program and many other programs exceeded their goal many because of various factors out of their control did not. As such we were short of our goal by $70,000. In order to ensure we do not have to go back into pledge drive mode later this year, please continue giving on line at kpft.org.
I want to give a huge thank you to Charles Hailey, a returning member from Friendswood TX for his very generous pledge on the kpft.org website. Charles said, “I’ve given up on NPR as a news source as they have moved to big funders to keep their programs running.” As a community radio we cherish our donors like Charles who see the power of people ensuring they are informed by people and not the corporate dictate.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. What are your thoughts? Let’s talk. I will also be following our hashtag #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. Listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738. But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- Are hunters really the biggest conservationists in America?
- What are ski resorts, gear makers, and professional skiers and snowboarders doing to fight global warming?
- Was there an environmentally positive impact from the coronavirus
- David Atwood: My thoughts about the underlying factors leading to January 6.
- The Equality Myth and Personal Respectability Myths
- Thomas Friedman’s recipe for Democrats would be fatal. He does not get it.
- Crooked pastor sentenced to 6yrs in prison. What about the other megachurch crooks?
- Stephanie Ruhle: Her story just made me think about privilege. Sad reality/truth.
- Some companies have funded sedition. So explains CNBC’s Andrew Ross Sorkin on donation stoppage.
- Irresponsible Republican Politicians refuse masks when in lockdown, likely infecting colleagues.
- Katy Tur corners John Bolton: The lies & insurrection are not just Trump but Ted Cruz & others.
- Senator Tester makes it clear he could support Ted Cruz & Josh Hawley’s expulsion from Senate.
- 60 Minutes Republican-appeasing Leslie Stahl creates false equivalence in Nancy Pelosi interview
- Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley, & the Sedition Cau; Bomb-throwers from the start.
- Message to Democrats: Help people fast. Advice to Joe Manchin (D-WV), stand down.
- Joe Manchin will do well to support the $2000 stimulus/relief as written lest his daughter’s EpiPen pilfer elevated
- A candid conversation with a white friend who discusses her racial prejudice
- Tiffany Cross nails it: Their American dream was our nightmare. This is as American as apple pie.
- Plouffe on Georgia: Epic political malpractice by Trump & confederacy of dunces cost senate loss.
- Man Photographed At Desk In Nancy Pelosi’s Office Is Arrested : Insurrection At The Capitol: Live Updates : NPR