Call: (713) 526-5738 – Live stream: KPFT (Entire USA)
Radio Show Date: October 22nd, 2015
Dr. Robert Zarr says we need more than Obamacare
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Today we will speak to a physician who is an expert in medicine. He is also an expert in our entire healthcare delivery system.
Before I get to the program I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activists my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music, to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
Our guest today is Dr. Robert Zarr. Dr. Robert Zarr is a board-certified pediatrician at Unity Health Care in Washington, DC, where he cares for a low-income and immigrant population. He is president of Physicians for a National Health Program.
Dr. Zarr is a past president of the DC Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics, and he holds adjunct professorships at Children’s National Medical Center and George Washington University. He also co-directs the Washington, DC chapter of PNHP. He is “physician champion” of DC Park Rx, a community health initiative to prescribe nature to patients and families and encourage time in one of 350 parks and green spaces in Washington, DC.
Dr. Zarr is fluent and literate in Spanish and has worked in the U.S. and abroad with Spanish-speaking populations. He is active in Washington, DC, in a variety of quality improvement initiatives including asthma management, injury prevention, literacy promotion, breastfeeding awareness, youth advocacy, tuberculosis prevention, and compliance with early and periodic screening, diagnostic and treatment standards.
Dr. Zarr received his medical degree from Baylor College of Medicine and completed his pediatric residency at Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston. He also has a master’s degree in public health, specializing in international health, from the University of Texas School of Public Health.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear your thoughts? Let’s talk. I will also be following our hashtag #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738. But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- Senator explains how filibuster gives 24% of Americans veto power over what a 76% majority wants
- Rep. Liz Cheney slams GOP, Kevin McCarthy, & Jim Jordan for not voting for Bannon’s contempt.
- Republican Operative to Democrats: SPINE UP — an unpunished coup is a training exercise
- BINGO! This is how Progressives must talk about the Build Back Better price tag Dems, watch & learn
- Republican pundit scare tactic: Wage increases are inflationary. Hey, what about profit increases?
- Republican Liz Cheney destroys her Party as she votes to punish Steve Bannon’s refusal to testify
- Former Secretary of State, General Colin Powell died this morning
- Buttigieg schools Chuck Todd: Private sector made supply chain fiasco. Biden not waiting on market.
- Workers now have the upper hand. And that is the way it should be going forward.
- Joe Biden disregards unhinged unemployment report MSM GOP narrative
- Republicans urging Republicans to vote Democratic in 2022 and 2024
- Biden official dispels the hysteria of the IRS looking at your every transaction. It’s false.
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Texas administrator heard forcing teachers to teach alternative history to students.
- Fareed Zakaria: Why Build Back Better and not tariffs is better for the American worker.
- The other BIG LIE: General uses GPS Fareed Zakaria to scare Americans to increase defense spending.
- Semi-DINO Manchin complains about Schumer justifiably slamming GOP debt ceiling hostage-taking.
- Watch Joe Biden disregard the unhinged unemployment report mainstream media GOP negative narrative
- The message about Van Jones, Carlos Watson, & Sage Steele only Tiffany Cross had the ovaries to say
- Bernie Sanders goes ballistic on Joe Manchin: Stop holding Prez, 48 Senators, & Americans hostage.
- MSNBC Host slams Republican Senator: I hear you acknowledge the hypocrisy of your party (The Republican Party).